buca” farmhouse has been run since the 50s by the present
family, before as a sharecropping and from the 80s as a
Set on 96.000
acres, 74.000 of which cultivated with wheat and fodder, 988
with D’orcia d.o.c. vine, 6.200 with olive trees, 13.590 as
wood and the rest as reseda.
The oldest part
of the b&b, entirely restored in 1980, dates back to 1800.
It was the secondary residence of the former Capucines’
monastery in San Quirico D’Orcia.
2000 the farm got the certification
categories of Organic and Bio-dynamic
and food production.